The Chef and his Blog

10 January 2011

A BCS National Championship Means Pizza

The game means I wanted to cook something. I had already decided I wanted to make a pizza, so I figured tonight would be good. 

  • 1 pizza crust flour package thing
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 1-2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 cup pizza sauce
  • 1-2 cup mozzarella cheese
  • pepperonis
 

I used a premade pizza crust flour thing because I really didn't feel like jumping into making pizza dough. Add the garlic salt and water to this mixture and stir the tacky mess it becomes as best you can. It will try to suck you in like a living blob, but you just have to be a man and stir the shit out of it for about 10 minutes.


Covering your fingers in flour, flatten out the dough into a rough pizza-shaped crust. If you do not use flour, you will have to cut your wrists and hope for reincarnation because there's no way you are getting your hands out of the dough.


These are the toppings I used. I went simple for this first pizza, which is actually odd for me, as you will begin to notice. I used the premade sauce again because I didn't want to mess with the production. Anyway, throw that stuff together like a normal pizza should be and toss it in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes.


Take that sucker out and eat it like you live on the Drag. That's an Austin joke. Expect stupid references like that.

Verdict: Pretty damn delicious for cheap, premade ingredients. The wife seemed to like it too. Will I make it again? Probably not like this. I want more of a challenge the next pizza I make, so I will probably buy a better premade crust and make my own sauce. But it made a nice start to the gorging that is likely to occur tonight.

Side Note: I will talk about football here as well. So as I watch Auburn intercept the ball, I'll end this post with "Go Tigers! Fuck the Ducks!"

2 comments:

  1. I made pizza at my mom's the other night - and actually, crust from scratch isn't too hard.

    PS: Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug, remember the homemade pizza we used to do when you were growing up? That crust recipe is not much trouble; I'll send you the "receipt."

    ReplyDelete